Your Ad Here

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Delays - Find A Home


"We're a light in heaven"

Hello from London! This is my last day in the city before taking off for Stockholm. Then it's back to the UK for another week with friends. Weather's been alright, and I got to see Billy Elliot, which was without question the best show I've ever seen. Still aglow from the afterbuzz. As far as music goes, it's a sad state of affairs compared to when I lived here in 2007. Not that I didn't already know about all the closures, but it's hard to believe that there's no Virgin and only one Fopp in the city. The HMV at Oxford Circus is quite nice, but that's about it. Nobody's buying cds anymore, it seems. Honestly, though, my real music quest starts when I get to Sweden. But enough about that for now. It's all about the UK, so I've got one of my favorite British bands for you today. Delays are releasing their new album Star Tiger, Star Ariel in June (on yet another record label), and have offered up the opening track as a teaser. It hearkens back to their first album. Very gentle, very pretty. I'm hoping that their harder edge will shine through as well, but this is a nice album cut to tide me over until the full release. Hope you enjoy.

Delays - Find A Home by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Download the single for free here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

glad you enjoying our fair isle! Have fun in sweden! See you in glamorous Birmingham :P

4:44 AM  
Anonymous fadedglamour said...

Hello there, Popjustice linked to this post so here I am. I think you missed out by not checking out some of the independent record stores in London. Rough Trade East, Pure Groove, the ones on Berwick Street etc have all gone through changes since 2007 so even if you visited them in the past, it would have been worth checking out.

- saamFG

6:06 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I totally forgot about all those indie stores. I'm kind of kicking myself now. Maybe I'll have a little bit of time before I have to be at the airport.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home