Your Ad Here

Friday, June 11, 2010

Brandon Flowers - Crossfire


"Dark clouds roll their way over town"

Exciting! The new solo effort from the Killers' frontman Brandon Flowers has premiered and I've got the high quality radio rip below. It's a case of solo output sounding pretty much exactly like his previous band, which kind of makes the whole project a little pointless. But... I'm a big Killers fan so it's great to have new material regardless. That being said, Crossfire is certainly a grower. It's got the world-weary tone that made up much of the band's second album. Gone is anything as fun or sparkly as the songs on Hot Fuss, replaced by a subtle soundscape and some lovely falsetto (the best part, really). It improves drastically with each listen... always a good sign. I'm not sure what it's going to do commercially, or if it's even a accurate depiction of what his upcoming album is going to sound like, but I'm definitely ready to hear more.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

he does indeed sound like a solo Killer but that's more than ok with me. He looks absolutely lovely in that picture which I am about to pinch for my blog... I'm very ready for some flamingo now!

love that word verification is UNMISTIFY!

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home