Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Darin - Lovekiller


"You're a murderer!"

I wasn't going to write about this song because it's been so well-covered in the blogosphere already, but then I realized that some in my little corner of the internet may never hear this if I don't post it. And it's something to hear, for sure. It's as pop as pop gets, but bolstered by an enormous, rising melody and a one hell of a well-utilized backing choir. When it comes to Darin's music, I usually either love it or don't. I like him, definitely, but many of his past songs have veered too far into boyband territory. That being said, he's recorded a handful of brilliant tracks in the past and this might be the very best of them all. I'm a sucker for choirs in pop songs, and I hate it when they're used subtly. If you're gonna have a big honkin' choir, use the dang thing to its limit! No worries here, as the wall of voices screaming "murderer!" certainly attest to. This brilliant single is taken from Darin's upcoming fifth studio album, out next month. From what we've heard so far, it sounds like the album could end up being entirely (or mostly) ballads. If they're all this good, I won't be complaining.

Darin - Lovekiller by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

Do share your thoughts on his good songs from the past :)

2:21 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

It's surprisingly easy to come up with a list, actually. If I were making a mix-cd of the tracks I've loved, it would include: Money for Nothing, Who's that Girl (Attic remix), Want Ya, Insanity, Perfect, Saturday Night, Breathing Your Love, Road Trip, Runaway, Viva la Vida, You're out of my Life, Lovekiller

So mostly singles, then... though I've never really liked Step Up.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Jes said...

Wow this is so fun. I'm usually not that into Darin's music.
I LOVE Choirs with pop songs.
I think you should compile some sort of 'best of' list for these gems.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home