Your Ad Here

Monday, July 26, 2010

Kiss In Cities - U R My Girl


"We're living in a warrior's world"

I don't know how I missed this when it was released last year. It's exactly my thing--energetic synth-pop with an emphasis on catchy hooks. Plus, I dig the subject matter of this song. It's not something that I can instantly relate to, but the lyrics are the kind that don't show up often in the pop world--an ode to sisterhood. More importantly than that, though, is the ridiculously addictive melody. It apes the sound of the mid-80's to absolute perfection. You could travel back in time, turn on the radio, and hear this without it sounding out of place at all. More than that, it's got "#1 hit" written all over it. Unfortunately, pop radio's gotten a lot less innocent since that time. Be sure to check out their other songs as well (especially Colours), because they're of uniformly high quality.

Kiss In Cities - U R My Girl by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous tommy said...

http://www.musicblasting.com

8:49 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i know i've heard of this somewhere - don't they do some other band as well? Or am I thinking of someone else. I'm confused. Regardless, this is rather super...

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home