Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Michael Paynter - Love The Fall


"I risked it all"

Wouldn't this have made the perfect Adam Lambert single? His soaring vocals on the chorus (especially that end bit) would have "hit" written all over it. As it stands, Australia's Michael Paynter does a great job with this, with some help from fellow Aussies The Veronicas on backing vocals. In fact, he even looks a little like Lambert in some pictures (ie: the one above). This kind of radio pop/rock can be very dull and forgettable, and to be honest this song flirts with that. But then there's the chorus. A song like this lives or dies on a gutsy, memorable chorus. And bolstered by its anthemic hook, this is shaping up to be nice-sized hit Down Under. It's also the kind of song I can picture doing pretty well stateside. There's an almost orchestral urgency to the track (especially in the middle eight) and Paynter's vocals are really something. Given the right song, I can imagine his voice being absolutely stunning.

Michael Paynter - Love The Fall by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

The Ozzies are giving me lots of great music at the mo - Van Am, amy Meredith and now this guy :) You're right that the chorus makes the song - and his vocal is great. I trust an album is forthcoming...

12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regular visitor but rarely comments. Why? Cos I'm not into the the genres treated here... but still I visit every often just to enjoy your always, on-point analysis of songs.

Keep doin' your thing.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this great recommendations.

I thought this could be by Max Martin or someone else.

Great track, I bought the whole Ep it's available everywhere

swedishson

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home