Your Ad Here

Monday, July 19, 2010

One Night Only - Say You Don't Want It


"Love don't really mean a thing round here"

A couple of years ago, UK indie band One Night Only released the brilliant single Just For Tonight. It did well for them, but was their only major hit (and by far the best track on their underwhelming album). Now they're back and all I can say is WOW. Their sound is fuller, poppier and better in every conceivable way. It's like they took the blueprint for Just For Tonight and expanded it tenfold. Say You Don't Want It has shades of Pet Shop Boys, Melody Club and many other great synth pop bands. Add to that a melody that yanks you out of your seat and whips you through the air a few times before throwing you down again. This is an anthem in waiting, and one of the best singles I've heard this summer. Be sure to check out the fun video as well, an ode to Lady & the Tramp featuring Harry Potter's Emma Watson (who's dating the lead singer). And keep your eyes out for the self-titled album, which is released next month. I'm counting down the days!

One Night Only - Say You Don't Want It by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Poster Girl said...

Wow, that's a lot better than I was expecting.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

I know, right? I heard it on the radio and needed to know immediately who it was. I'm psyched for their album!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home