Your Ad Here

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Kite - Jonny Boy


"Last night I was out clubbing with Jonny Boy"

Kite, my favorite Swedish duo, is back! They've been pulling a Robyn for the last couple of years, releasing a string of EPs in lieu of a full album. Jonny Boy is the lead single from their third EP, and although I don't think it's as strong as past singles, it's always a treat to hear these guys. Nicklas Stenemo, the vocalist, remains one of my favorite singers in music today. And although this sound is pretty far from his former band, The Mo, he's developed a unique vocal style that defines Kite as an experimental pop project to watch. Jonny Boy is more hypnotic than hit, but it rewards repeated plays. The incessant synth riff, which reminds me of whistling, is the star of the show and the earworm that'll keep you coming back. I can't wait to hear the rest of the EP. These guys haven't disappointed yet.

Kite-Jonny Boy by ProgressProductions

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Abyshure said...

Hey, do you have the liryc of this song, coul you send it to me please, thanks!

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home