Your Ad Here

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Take That - Happy Now


"I feel myself falling"

Whoa. This is not at all what I expected from Take That. Granted, I've never listened to an entire album of theirs before this new one, but I'm a fan of their string of "comeback" singles released these past few years. And having Robbie Williams back on board instantly peaked my interest. The current single, The Flood, is one of their best, but it really didn't prepare me for the shifts that were in store when it came to the album. Enlisting Stuart Price as the producer was the smartest thing the band has ever done. Instead of a bunch of dreary middle-aged boyband ballads, Progress is one of the most ambitiously experimental "boyband" (though aren't they really a "manband" now?) album I've ever heard. They flirt with disco, glam, electro and Bowie-esque ballads. It's really quite sweeping--a must hear if only for the shock factor alone. Luckily, it doesn't have to rely solely on shock. This is a brilliant collection of songs. Happy Now might not end up being my favorite track in the long run, but it was the one that appealed to me most instantly, so I chose it to share today. The verses are straight off of Robbie's Rudebox album, but the chorus is the real standout. Super catchy, super huge and super Scissor Sisters. I would have never expected to make that comparison!

Take That - Happy Now by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been listening to the second half of this album almost non-stop for the last two days. It's brilliant.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

'Happy Now' the best track for me...makes me feel euphoric... and I'm over 50! The whole album is fantastic.

10:36 AM  
Blogger DanProject76 said...

I am so not a Take That fan but that track was very enjoyable. Blimey!

2:19 PM  
Anonymous Edward said...

Thank you for your article, pretty worthwhile material.
Acne Treatment

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home