Your Ad Here

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tove Styrke - High And Low


"Where's the truth when I need it?"

Time for a belated Tove Styrke post. I had meant to write about this song a few weeks ago when I first heard the album, but it (wrongfully) got lost in the shuffle. As a whole, I've been a little underwhelmed by the album. It's perfectly nice, but the standouts are definitely the singles (especially the closing track). High And Low is my favorite non-single by a mile. It's got a subtle disco-sheen and one of the catchiest melodies on the album. It manages to be slinky and poppy and kind of cold at the same time. Tove's music isn't anything strikingly different than most electro-pop, but she's got the coolest aura about her. From the vocals to image to performance, she is way too cool to come from a reality show. Maybe that's why the album hasn't quite hit me the way I hoped it would. If it's possible, it might just be a little too cool.

Tove Styrke - High And Low by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home