Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hoffmaestro - Round It Goes


"And the world keeps turning"

I heard this recently on Swedish radio and instantly loved it. I've written about Hoffmaestro before (the ridiculously energetic Ibracadabra is an epic party song), even though they don't necessarily fit the normal "sound" that I usually post. They're one of those groups that operate in a gray area, with production that melds together many different genres. The overriding sound, though, is definitely ska. But in this case it's not the sound that made me post this. It's the catchy, insistent melody (especially that rambunctious chorus). There's something refreshing about a song like this. It bucks current trends and relies on something more classically feel-good to become a hit.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Damian said...

Oh the same story with me! I've caught this song on Swedish radio and have fallen in love with it completely. In common I'm allergic to ska and when I saw them perforimg this year I didn't even try to pay attention but when I've heard it in studio it has immediately become one of the biggest hits of December for me. What an energy it gives!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Mellis said...

Their live shows are insane!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous ArkArmy said...

I was just thinking about this band the other day since I loved "Ibracadabra" so much. Really like this follow up too.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Elad, Israel said...

thanks for introducing us to this awesome song!!

i love your blog, even though i don't listen to most of the songs more then once, but this song is great i really love it!

thanks! :)

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home