Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Clare Maguire - The Last Dance


"I promise you I will kiss your crown"

I'm far from the only one blogging about this artist, but I think she needs more exposure than she's getting. To my ears, this is the Florence + the Machine success story of the year waiting to happen. Clare Maguire, above all, has an astonishing voice. But more than that, she's got a fistful of epic, stately pop songs ready to conquer the world. She's already appeared on countless best-new-artists-of-2011 list, but the buzz seems to be decidedly muted only a few weeks before her album is released. This is the current single (with a beautiful video) and one of my favorite songs that I've heard from her. The vocals are especially lush on this track and the whole thing's got an icy, 80's vibe that (not surprisingly) I love. If you've yet to listen to Maguire, it's definitely time to jump on this bandwagon.

Clare Maguire "The Last Dance" by arjanwrites

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Damian said...

The most massive and inspiring track I've heard this year. Can't wait to put my handss on her album, if it's as good - it can be in Top-3 of my albums this year.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous gmisk said...

Its a cracking song but not quite as good as "Aint nobody" for me and its brilliant video

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately she can't sing live. It is all studio tricks.

Hardly another Florence Welch. Maybe another embarassment like Duffy, more like it.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Jessica Silva said...

Really liked this song. Listening to all of them as I waste time away, but this stuck out. It'd be a shame if she really can't sing that well live!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous gmisk said...

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/clare-maguire/session/clare-maguire sounds pretty good live to me

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home