Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Folio - Branded


"Your eyes leave a pained expression"

Sometimes I come across a song from a few years ago and wonder why I had never known of it before. Branded is from all the way back in 2007 (only a year after I started this blog), but sounds like a more 80's influenced Melody Club. I know you're thinking, how can Melody Club be any more 80's influenced, but it's possible. In fact, this sounds like it was recorded in 1986. It's almost a little eerie. Branded has a wonderful, looped drum roll that propels what would otherwise be a simple pop song from an indie band. This comes from Folio's EP, which is of a similar style (though this is by far the best song). They're also releasing stuff this year, but it's not as electronically influenced and, frankly, not as fun. But yay for unearthing old, unknown pop songs! That being said, I hope the whole Hot Topic look (in picture above) has been retired.

Folio - Branded by alienhits

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy/preview the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home