Your Ad Here

Friday, March 11, 2011

Melodifestivalen 2011 Finale - Preview


It's been an odd year for Melodifestivalen. While I don't hate any of the tracks in tomorrow's finale, I'm not in love with many of them, either. Even stranger, I feel like there are about five songs that have the potential to win this year's competition. It's going to be a nail-biter. (but honestly, the thing I'm looking forward to the most is a second appearance by the Ark!)

Below, what I'd like to happen vs. what I think will happen:

IF I WAS VOTING:

1. Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love Though I don't think it's their best bet if they want to do well at Eurovision, it's one of my favorite tracks this year.
2. Swingfly - Me And My Drum A much wiser choice for Eurovision, and a song that's grown on me considerably as the contest has gone on.
3. Brolle - 7 Days And 7 Nights This could be a very interesting choice. It's another of my personal favs.
4. Eric Saade – Popular In the battle of Danny vs Eric, I'm supporting Eric all the way this time. Both songs left me underwhelmed, but this is the superior effort.
5. Sara Varga - Spring för livet Another song that's grown on me quite a bit. The melody's gorgeous.
6. Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mej In the schlager battle, I prefer Sanna's song, but this is pleasant enough.
7. The Moniker - Oh My God! I'm surprised at the amount of support he's received. This is a great single, but seems oddly misplaced in this contest.
8. Nicke Borg - Leaving Home Rock ballad by numbers. Pleasant, but unimpressive.
9. Danny - In the Club This song's actually grown more annoying as I hear it. It just doesn't have a melody. Unfortunately, I feel it's got the momentum (see below)
10. The Playtones - The King Easily my least favorite song in the final. It's way at the bottom.

WHAT I THINK WILL HAPPEN:

1. Danny - In the Club (which would make it the 2nd winner in a row that I've disliked)
2. Sara Varga - Spring för livet
3. Eric Saade – Popular
4. Swingfly - Me And My Drum
5. Nicke Borg - Leaving Home
6. Linda Bengtzing - E det fel på mej
7. Sanna Nielsen - I'm In Love
8. The Moniker - Oh My God!
9. Brolle - 7 Days And 7 Nights
10. The Playtones - The King

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home