Your Ad Here

Monday, April 04, 2011

Cocknbullkid - Asthma Attack


"You keep me coming back"

I hadn't listened to a Cocknbullkid track until just last week. I, like many others, was turned off by her stage name. Hell, I didn't even know that it was a she at all. I just don't understand why certain artists/bands pick certain names. It's like judging a book by its cover, and we all do that. Either way, I've finally given her music a listen and I am totally hooked. This track, her latest single, is a surprisingly breezy disco-pop number that will make an excellent Spring/Summer release. Delving further into her earlier releases, I'm very impressed with this lady's ability to write a catchy pop song. It's bubblegum with substance. Once you hit the chorus of Asthma Attack, there is no resistance. An album's due in May, and I'm very much looking forward to it. Between this, Patrick Wolf, and Gaga, May's gonna be pretty awesome.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Ms November said...

LOVE her. She's a brilliant writer and has a beautiful voice. A refreshing change to the music industry.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home