Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) (Almighty Club Mix)


"Always say we're gonna stop"

I usually try to focus these day-to-day posts on lesser known artists, but I've gotta take a brief break and give props to Katy Perry. Her album, Teenage Dream, has spawned four number one singles so far and I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes her fifth. I can't think of another album since Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad that has held so many bona-fide hits (and Perry didn't even need a re-release to do it!). To me, Teenage Dream hearkens back to those great, shamelessly commercial pop albums of the 80's -- a real blockbuster. And surprisingly, it's grown on me more as time goes on. Even more surprisingly, I was not a big fan of Perry before this "era." I loved I Kissed A Girl before radio played it (same thing with Hot 'n Cold), but the rest of the album left me bored. Disagree all you want, but she's well and truly won me over. Reliable pop stars are hard to find these days. I can even forgive some of the stupid lyrics of this song (though the term "epic fail" is pretty unforgivable). It makes for a slamming remix, too.

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) (Almighty Club Mix) by POPONANDON

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous gmisk said...

Its defo a good remix and another catchy song...but I really dont think she can sing live....just look at her screeching firework on the xfactor or her live concerts on mtv...awful

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home