Your Ad Here

Friday, June 24, 2011

Darren Hayes - Talk Talk Talk


"Just breathe in and out"

I've said it before on this blog, but Savage Garden's debut was the very first album I owned. I was a little bit of a late bloomer when it came to music (and we see how THAT worked out). It's still one of my absolute favorite pop albums, alongside the follow-up of course. Darren Hayes' solo music has been a little bit more hit and miss with me. I like it all (especially the last album), but it's never been quite as magical as the Savage Garden work. Hayes is back again with another melodic pop track to launch his new album. I'd put it in the middle of his other work, quality wise. It's not really sticking out with his best (yet), but it's quite pleasant all the same. The chorus is doing more for me than the verses. I'm hoping, though, that this won't be the best selection from the album, especially since he's promised a return to pop with a capital "P." Whatever the case, it's always a pleasure to hear his voice again.

Darren Hayes - Talk Talk Talk by musicman319

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been waiting all day for your take on this song. Savage Garden is my all-time favourite band and I love Darren Hayes on his own, just as much. (I agree that his last album was brilliant).

When I heard the snippet of this track it felt really awkward and I was nervous, but after hearing the entire thing, I really enjoy it. It's fun and light for summer but it is still HIS lyrics. (Which constantly blow me away).

I've seen some of the lyrics for other songs on the album that he has posted from time to time and I am tres excited. I have big hopes for this album especially since he went back to a major label.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Pranav said...

The track is nice but I would not consider it even remotely earthshattering. I still think it is pretty radio-friendly though but it does not hold a candle to earlier songs such as "Random blinking light" or "A Conversation with God" (can't figure out why none of these were released as singles!)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home