Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark - Boy Falls From The Sky


"I'm not ready to give up the fight"

When I was in New York a few weeks ago, one of the things I did was to see the Spider-Man musical. So many people had tried to deter me (all of whom had never even seen it), but I had to see what all the hype--good or bad--was about for myself. After all, I was an enormous Spider-Man fan growing up and it's not like it was the only show I was seeing that week. After experiencing (and that's probably the best word) Turn Off The Dark, I was pleasantly surprised. Obviously, melding comic book and musical wasn't going to result in anything profound, but it was an incredibly entertaining (and oftentimes, self mocking) night. The music was neither bad nor great, but I'm really not a big U2 fan so I was expecting worse. However, lead actor Reeve Carney has an amazing, gritty rock voice that carries tracks like this big ballad, the nicely titled Boy Falls From The Sky. It also builds to the show's trademark guitar riff. This song was memorable in a good way. Others were memorable in a bad (or a "really?!?" way) or just not memorable at all. Above all, the show's about the spectacle. And that's where it really succeeds. The technical aspects, the flying and the set design is really something special and worth the price of admission alone. The soundtrack's out today and isn't a bad purchase, either.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never even heard of this, cool!

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home