Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Take That - Aliens


"Baby I'm with you"

Take That is one of those bands that I'd never have really listened to or had any interest in a few years ago. But after the Robbie comeback and excellent Progress, I'm completely on board with their new sound. And now they've released a companion album/EP called Progressed, which continues their new sci-fi, electronic pop. Song for song, I'm pretty much in love with it. I'm not sure any other band is doing this kind of thing right now. It's incredibly shocking (at least to me) that this is the route Take That have decided to go. It would've been so easy to keep churning out treacly, lovelorn ballad after ballad and score hits that way. With this music, they may not have the huge monster hits they used to, but you can tell the guys are really enjoying themselves. Aliens comes late in the album but is instantly memorable for its intense guitar riff. It enforces the sci-fi theme of the album (further supported if you choose to add the b-side Rocket Ship -- I add it as track 8, just before Wonderful World). It's ridiculously catchy from the get-go and a little silly, but it'll lodge itself in your brain after one listen. Like the rest of the album, it's a lot of fun.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous JeffC said...

Funny I was just listening to this earlier but sorry to say I don't think I like it. Give em credit for breaking out of the mold though. Have a great night!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous gmisk said...

Not into it...beautiful is much better

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home