Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Mika - Elle Me Dit


"Elle me dit, c'est ta vie"

Mika's back? And he's French now? Whatever. Although I really don't listen to his music very often, I'm always curious to see what he'll do next and I do enjoy quite a large chunk of his musical output. I certainly didn't expect this, though. I think I was one of the only fans of his last single (the RedOne pairing was interesting, to say the least) and I guess this follows along with the dancey feeling of that, but there is still the little detail of the language. I'm not sure if he's trying to break in with French audiences (or if he's already popular there? I can imagine that), but he's gone and released this--the first taster from his upcoming album--as a French-only single. Forgetting the fact that I can't understand a word, I'm liking this more the more I listen to it. It's incredibly simple, while retaining the manic energy he's known for. If the album's anything like this (but in English), I'll be happy.

Elle Me Dit - Mika by Mehdy B.

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the latest album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Myfizzypop said...

i'll translate it for you at some point :) It's nice and perky though, though just makes me want to listen to the french version of Can't Speak French by Girls Aloud :D

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home