Your Ad Here

Monday, July 25, 2011

Pnau - The Truth


"You say you lost your lover"

Dance duo Pnau's new album came out over the weekend in their native Australia. The anticipation was high and, even though I wasn't in love with the last one beyond the singles, when I first listened to Soft Universe I was blown away. As I've settled with the album, I've come to the realization that my initial thoughts were just a little too rosy. I still wholeheartedly recommend it, especially for fans of electro, but it's lost some of its luster with repeated plays. However, I was shocked when I discovered that I've never mentioned this track on the blog before. As the album's first single, this has been out since the beginning of the year. And through the months, it has only grown in my eyes. The Truth may just eclipse Embrace as my favorite Pnau song (I really consider Embrace as more of a Ladyhawke song anyway). The chorus is monumental, epic stuff. it's exactly the rock-influenced, gargantuan sound I wish they would stick with. It's got that surging, running-through-endless-wheat-fields sound that's a hallmark of my favorite pop songs (think the Ark's Calleth You, Cometh I). Keep an eye for this to be brought up again in my year-end countdown. I've really become quite obsessed with it.

The Truth by Pnau

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home