Your Ad Here

Friday, September 23, 2011

Aqua - Like A Robot


"You still leave me high and dry"

Aqua have gone dirty! All that subtext in Barbie Girl has become in-your-face fourteen years older. Don't play this for your kids. And if you happen to be a kid, stop reading now (haha). This is fully in-the-moment, piggy-backing-on-trends Aqua. But unlike their last single (which I found somewhat underwhelming), this gets it right. For one, it's hilarious in its bluntness. But more than that, the melody's addictive from the first listen (the bridge is the best part). Lene sounds strong enough to compete with any of the younger pop vixens out there now, and although lyrically this is somewhat of a throwaway, it's still a really, really fun one. Next, I want something more like My Momma Said (and no, their new single doesn't count). It's rare that a band like this can come back fourteen years later with such strong material. I'm looking forward the album now!

Aqua - Like A Robot by DKrella

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger alesta said...

After you posted this I've listened to that song so many times it's ridiculous. With lyrics like that it has hit written all over it. If they don't make this the next single, they're stupid.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Blaise said...

I found a great deal of helpful info in this post!
Coram homes

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home