Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Fall TV To-Watch List

Ah, Fall TV season. Always exciting, usually disappointing. Most shows I end up liking get cancelled, and those that become hits end up being something I've got no interest in. Still, it's always fun to give new shows a chance and see what sticks out. There's an unusual amount of new series I'm interested in this year. Here's what I plan checking out, along with an excitement rating (#1's the most exciting and it goes down from there).

1. X-Factor
I'm an X-Factor nut. I've watched the UK version since 2006, as well as the Australian and Danish (!) versions. And I went to a filming of the Seattle auditions for the US version. It's really the perfect format for a reality show. And it's so gratifying to see it finally come to America.
(Fox 9/21)

2. Terra Nova
Sci-fi? Spielberg? Family drama? Dinosaurs? Yes, please. I have a feeling this will end up disappointing, but I love ambitious stuff like this. I have my fingers firmly crossed.
(Fox 9/26)

3. Ringer
They had me at Sarah Michelle Gellar. This better end up being the tense thriller it promises to be. But even if not, there's Sarah Michelle Gellar. Come on!
(CW 9/13)

4. American Horror Story
Ryan Murphy doing horror? I loved the whole serial killer arc on the third season of Nip/Tuck, so if this is anything like that, I'm in.
(FX 10/5)

5. The Playboy Club
This has a lot of potential to be very entertaining. I love that they're going for a darker angle. Could be trashy fun.
(NBC 9/19)

6. Revenge
I've loved the trailers, though who knows if this will actually deliver. Its concept certainly sparks my interest.
(ABC 9/21)

7. Once Upon A Time
This could be super interesting or just a super mess. I hear it's plotted like Lost. Not sure about how it's going to work, but I'm eager to give it a try.
(ABC 10/23)

8. Pan Am
I'll be tuning in just to see if the story matches the ambition. The more I read about this, the more I'm curious. I love that it'll include historical aspects.
(ABC 9/25)

9. The Secret Circle
I wasn't originally excited for this, but I'm hearing good things...
(CW 9/15)

10. Suburgatory
The only comedy on my list, and the only one that looks like it (potentially) might not suck.
(ABC 9/28)

And Two Returning Shows I Can't Wait For:

The Walking Dead
The first season was flawless. And I need to see where they're going next!
(AMC 10/16)

The Middle
My favorite on-air sitcom. It's a shame I'll have to tape it since the X-Factor is on the same night.
(ABC 9/21)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous JCarson said...

Glad you like The Middle! One of my favorites...What about Person of Interest (J.J. Abrams and Jonathan Nolan)? No interest? LOL! I'm curious...probably start off good then I'll get bored with it like most other shows....

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home