Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Darren Hayes - Bloodstained Heart


"You hit me like a subway train"

Two singles in and this album campaign is finally starting to make sense to me. Talk Talk Talk was fine, if underwhelming, and I don't really care for Black Out The Sun. But this song? This is the Darren Hayes I love. This is an example of his gift for melody, his ambition in songwriting, and his unmistakable voice. It really should have been the lead single, and should be released worldwide instead of being relegated to Australia only. Bloodstained Heart is a delicate, emotional ballad with a melody that hits you on the first listen. It builds to an explosive crescendo the likes of which I'm not sure we've heard from him before. I truly believe this has the potential to be his first worldwide hit since Savage Garden. Wouldn't that be something?



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is by far one of my all-time favourite Darren/SG tracks. I was never really into Truly Madly Deeply cause it felt too cheesy. But this song is much more honest with the delicate/fragile beauty of any sort of relationship.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

But this isn't Alienhits material right? :P

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home