Your Ad Here

Monday, October 17, 2011

Foxy Shazam - I Like It


"Ain't it sexy?"

I'm SO excited! Not only do Foxy Shazam have a new single out (for free!), but they'll be releasing a new album in January! I like I Like It a lot, and may even grow to love it, but I do have my (very slight) qualms. The sound is perched between their old stuff (which isn't to my taste) and their most recent release (which was my #1 album of last year). So, my excitement is tempered just a little by a worry that they've moved away from that clean, melodic production of the last album. Only time will tell. And that's it for the griping, because honestly, the more I listen to this, the more I love it. It's silly, sure, but that hook is undeniable. If we're comparing them to Queen (which they are quite similar to), this is more along the lines of Sheer Heart Attack or Tie Your Mother Down then, let's say, We Are The Champions or Don't Stop Me Now. It's got a strong Darkness influence, which makes sense because Justin Hawkins has been involved (a very good thing). God, now that I know this album is coming out, I don't think I'll be able to wait another three months to hear it!

Edit: I've already upgraded my "like." I officially love this song.

Foxy Shazam - I Like It by johnoprea

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Download the single for free here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous xl pharmacy said...

I like this band, not my favorite, but they do have some good singles.

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home