Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Cher Lloyd - Want U Back


"Remember all the things that you and I did first?"

Cher Lloyd's released a great little pop album this week with her debut, Sticks & Stones. I loved her during her run on X-factor, went a bit off with the first single, but am totally a fan again now. I must be crazy, because even Swagger Jagger's alright with me. Cher's love-it-or-hate-it attitude is totally present on many of the album's tracks, and this is one of the best examples. I love the grunting parts (I never thought I'd write that in a track review), but beyond that, this is a modern pop song that just works. Even the stupid helicopter bit at the end doesn't ruin it (why do artists insist on these unfunny little joke bits after songs?). Though they're spoiled for choice when it comes to singles, they'd be crazy not to send this to radio. It's concise, energetic and melodic with just enough attitude to make it unpredictable.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home