Your Ad Here

Friday, November 04, 2011

The Fall's New TV Line-up: Part Three

Okay, so I wrote about my most anticipated new Fall shows, I offered my initial thoughts, and now it's time to conclude the TV fun with my final verdict.

1. X-Factor
Still watching, but I'm finding myself slightly underwhelmed. I guess I'm just so used to the UK and Australian versions, which are much, much more entertaining. Our host is ridiculously stiff, our contestants (while talented) are mostly American Idol-style boring, and last night's results were a disaster. America continues to vote for the predictable over the surprising. I'll watch the entire season, but not with the excitement I give the other versions of the series.

2. Terra Nova
Dropped. I gave it about four episodes. I loved the pilot, but the quality of storytelling dropped considerably after that. Too many cliched, been-there-done-that storylines. Too bad.

3. Ringer
Dropped. It didn't completely pull me in after the first episode and I just don't have time for shows that are only alright.

4. American Horror Story
Still watching, and loving. It's my favorite new show of the year. I love the characters, I love the unsettling vibe, and most of all I love how I don't know where each episode is going.

5. The Playboy Club
Dropped. Well, it was the first show of the season to be cancelled. That about says it all.

6. Revenge
Still watching. I've lost some interest with this new romantic portion of the storyline, but I'm still fully onboard with this show and will be all season.

7. Once Upon A Time
Watched Pilot. The second episode's on my DVR. I liked it, but I'm obviously not all that excited.

8. Pan Am
Never watched. I intended to. I really did. But it's not gonna happen.

9. The Secret Circle
Dropped. Same deal as Ringer. I watched the pilot, thought it was alright, but never saw another episode.

10. Suburgatory
Still watching, and enjoying more with every episode. It took me awhile to fully get onboard, but I'm glad that I am because this show is very funny.

So there we go, the Fall TV Season in a nutshell. This is actually a pretty good ratio of "Still Watching" and "Dropped" for me. What about you guys? What are you into and what have you dropped?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Talbot May said...

I'm still on board with Terra Nova. It is a bit cliché at times but since it's the ONLY sci-fi show I have at the moment, I'm sticking with it!

3:32 AM  
Blogger Martin said...

Im still watching Suburgatory and Terra Nova. Im hoping for some more action and intrigues in Terra Nova though. Suburgatory is awesome :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I just can't do Terra Nova anymore. It feels like I'm wasting time, and I hate that feeling!

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Maximilian said...

Quite useful info, thanks for this article.
kamagra fast | sildenafil | link

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home