Your Ad Here

Monday, November 21, 2011

Rogue Traders - Don't Think I Love You


"God knows that I've tried"

Australia's Rogue Traders just (finally) released their first album with new vocalist Mindi Jackson. It was worth the wait! I really like Mindi's vocals--they remind me of early Kylie with a punk edge. On the whole, the album is very 80's inspired and mostly uptempo. It's definitely a progression from their earlier work with Natalie Bassingthwaighte. Less straight ahead dance and more new wave. If you've heard the singles, you know what to expect. One of my favorite tracks is Don't Think I Love You, which has an amazing, soaring chorus. It begins as a slow synth ballad but quickly bursts into a propulsive, sing-along melody. According to the band, the song came to life when they thought of mashing up Prince's Purple Rain and Blondie. It's a pretty good description, and the track's a total success. Ditto for the album.

Rogue Traders - Don't Think I Love You by nohfap

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home