Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Electric Youth - Right Back To You


"If there's a way, I'm coming right back to you"

When I was watching the movie Drive this year, I was really taken with the main, repeated "theme" song, which was totally ambient 80's flashback. It was a collaboration between French DJ College and wonderful Canadian pop duo Electric Youth. Smitten, I decided to look into Electric Youth's discography, which has really just begun. Their first EP was released late last year and features this, the opening track. Right Back To You is pure electro bliss. And just when you think it can't get any better, they add a cheesetastic guitar solo after the middle eight. I'm not sure if the band's name was inspired by Debbie Gibson's 80's album title, but I wouldn't be surprised. In some ways, this sounds like a cooler, more modern update to that kind of girl pop.

Electric Youth - Right Back To You (Now Available on iTunes) by Electric Youth (Official)

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the EP here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home