Your Ad Here

Monday, January 09, 2012

Scissor Sisters - Shady Love (ft. Krystal Pepsy)


"You see me running but you can't keep up"

Ok, let's talk about the new Scissor Sisters song. Hmmm. Honestly, I'm not loving it. It kind of reminds me of when Robbie Williams did Rudebox. Luckily, that song was part of an otherwise excellent album. I'm hoping for the same thing from the Sisters. I get that this is supposed to be funny and trendy, but I just think the band is capable of so much more. Their last album was a masterpiece, and included all the humor that they're known for without seeming novelty or, even worse, annoying. Shady Love has very little melody, even though that has always been one of their biggest strengths. I do love the guitar (when it finally comes in) and the hook is alright, but that rapping just rubs me the wrong way. And I don't understand why Ana isn't singing the chorus. I don't know... maybe it'll grow on me. Otherwise, this is probably their first single that I'm not crazy about.

Scissor Sisters - Shady Love by The Pop! Music Blog

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the last album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like it either. It's totally random and sounds like a Black Eyed Peas song. It's just bad.

1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Completely disagree.....it sounds NOTHING like any Black Eyed Peas song. It sounds like an Azaelia Banks song....with Scissor Sister flourishes. You play her 212 right afterwards and it could be another track on an ep of hers. The only complaint I hear about this song is that the Sisters have decided to dabble in rap & electro-hip hop, and why not? The rapping is better than Caswell and the chorus is catchy as all hell. The Sisters' second album was AWFUL....musically banal & a seemingly dead end for them artistically. This new song sounds closer to the gritty, sassiness of their output pre-debut album. So......you can love your "She's My Man" & "Land of a 1000 words" & I'll take my Sisters at their experimental best. This will mostly likely not sound like the rest of the album...as they said it will be a grab bag of sounds like their 1st album was. If you remember, it was all over the place stylistically. I say let them experiment...it'll keep the creative juices flowing and the band together longer. You'll get your "Invisible Lights" and "Take your Mama Out" again....they'd be idiotic to completely change the sound that made them famous in the UK. In the meantime...I'm going to enjoy this song again and again. I think it's quite great.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home