Your Ad Here

Monday, February 20, 2012

Fun. - Some Nights


"I could use some friends for a change"

Fun.'s new album comes out this Tuesday and I think you should all check it out. I can't vouch for all of the tracks, as I think the album sags towards the end, but there are some definite standouts. The group has scored a surprise hit with We Are Young, which seems to have taken the obligatory "rock hit" slot for 2012 (because apparently America's only allowed one per year... last year was Foster The People). It's a great track, and definitely deserves it. Ditto to Why Am I The One, which has one of the most gorgeous harmonized choruses I've heard in awhile. But it's the title track that immediately captures your attention. The glorious gospel/country/Queen opening is enough of a treat on its own. Then the beat comes in and the song transforms into a rollicking anthem. I wish the entire album would have followed this template!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Gerd said...

called yFrceri"Fun" tastic :-) I love that song. Why is that not released as a single?!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Gerd said...

"called yFrceri" was the capta - sorry for that ;-)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home