Your Ad Here

Monday, February 13, 2012

Jedward - Waterline


"I know this is bound to go down as the big one"

Jedward are the luckiest guys in pop music. I mean, at best, they're a novelty act. Their increasingly abrasive personalities eclipse any talent they might have, and their hair just keeps getting higher and sadder. Yet, people keep giving them amazing, awesome pop songs. Last year it was Lipstick, and this year it's Waterline. It just gets better and better. They're competing to represent Ireland again in Eurovision, and if there's any justice this song should see them on their way to Baku in May. Waterline is perfect, anthemic pop. Its simple and celebratory melody takes me back to what Eurovision used to be (I'm thinking Abba, Bucks Fizz, etc). It's undeniably lightweight, but all the better for it. Personally, I would have never expected the guys to record something this fantastic. I can't stop listening to it. I mean, that chorus! I was surprised to find that it wasn't written by Tony Nilsson, as it echoes his work quite closely -- that whole massive, 80's pop hook thing. You don't hear it nearly enough in this day and age.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the first album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous gmisk said...

Terrible song...like a one direction b side...if there is any justice the Donna song would get through....alas they are a cert to get through with their fan base

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated Lipstick (worst lyrics ever). I don't mind Waterline - it's average. Doesn't sound like Jedward though - it doesn't have their distinctive (annoying?) sound/quality. It could be any old boyband - like 'gmisk', OneDirection came to mind when I first heard it too.

I'll be voting for Donna McCaul - Mercy !

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home