Your Ad Here

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Donkeyboy - Pull Of The Eye


"You could be someone"

I really need this new Donkeyboy album in my life. Though I loved their first one, it appears that they've done exactly what I'd hoped they would for the follow-up. The tempo's ratcheted up, the synths are more prominent, and the band sound like they're having fun. After the brilliant City Boy, this is their newest single. It retains the excellent melodic skill found in their biggest hits, but adds a bouncy, summery beat and an earworm hook (does it remind anyone else of Eiffel 65?). If the rest of the record's half this good, we're in for a very big treat. Luckily, we don't have to wait long to find out. It's released at midnight (Scandinavian time)!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Talbot May said...

I love the album. I've already found tracks that would have been better singles than the first two, but as a whole the album is top drawer - exactly what I've been needing!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home