Your Ad Here

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aiden Grimshaw - Is This Love


"It's just not enough for me"

UK X-factor 2010 is the gift that just keeps on giving. I already knew it was the best/most entertaining season, but it's also turning into the season with the most interesting music releases after it's over. Aiden Grimshaw was a shock early-ish elimination, despite being a perceived frontrunner. He didn't really fit the reality show mold. There was something off-kilter and indie about him, so it's no surprise that his debut single is... off kilter and indie. That said, it's still a lot different than what I expected. Grimshaw goes for a dark drum and bass sound, while still retaining a strong sense of surging melody. It really doesn't sound a lot like him, and makes me wonder if the rest of the album (out this Summer) will follow suit. For now, this has definitely caught my attention. Will it do the same with mainstream audiences? I'm not sure, but maybe. And perhaps that's not even what he's going for.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Like him on facebook here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home