Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Ulrik Munther - Soldiers (Stormby Remix)


"Before it's all over, you'll never be unforgivable"

I love this remix. To me, the best dance mixes take a track that's as far from dance as possible and totally switch it up. Ulrik Munther is not known for his club hits. I enjoy his music for what it is, though it's not necessarily my favorite genre in the world. But this mix takes his Melodifestivalen entry, Soldiers, and makes it something really anthemic. What I especially like is the way the remixer took the drum section in the middle eight and expanded it, adding it to the beginning of the track as well. Even more of this would have been cool. Beyond that, it's just surprising how well this works in a dance setting. The melody really shines, which is a rare thing in the remix world. If you like this, be sure to check out the guy's soundcloud page. His mix of Loreen's Euphoria is also really good.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Listen to more of Stormby's remixes here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home