Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Killers - Runaways


"Why you wanna fight it?"

After what seems like a long hiatus, the Killers are finally back with a new single! Those hoping for a sound that hearkens back to their debut are bound to be a little disappointed, since Runaways sounds a lot like a missing track from Sam's Town. In other words, it's a dramatic stadium rock number with a heavy Springsteen influence and some big guitar riffs. I'm not complaining, as I personally loved Sam's Town. Still, on first listen this is no When We Were Young. It might sound very similar, but I'm not sure the hooks are quite as strong. I don't know... maybe it's a grower. I suspect so. The song is from their upcoming album, Battle Born. If the rest of the tracks are more-or-less in the same vein as this one, I think I'll be satisfied.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their previous albums here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home