Your Ad Here

Monday, July 30, 2012

MNDR - #1 In Heaven


"You can tell them, I'm smiling"

I, along with everyone else, was first introduced to MNDR when she collaborated with Mark Ronson on his excellent Bang Bang Bang. I loved that song, and filed her name away for future reference. Now, after an EP and some singles, she's gearing up to release her first album. #1 In Heaven was the first single, released several months ago, and it represents exactly why I'm excited for the album. I love the electro sound coupled with the off-kilter vocals and pop melody. The song title recalls the excellent Sparks track, #1 Song In Heaven, and the subject matter is pretty much the same. I like to think that MNDR's version is a bit of an ode to Sparks, but that may just be wishful thinking. Either way, it's damn good.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the song here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home