Your Ad Here

Monday, July 16, 2012

No Doubt - Settle Down


"I'm trying to get a hold on this"

No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, along with Savage Garden's debut, were the first two albums I owned. Both continue to be favorites. I was absolutely OBSESSED with No Doubt in high school and as I went onto college and life, they never let me down. So it's a great pleasure to post this song today, their first new single in nearly a decade. Their upcoming album, out in September, was one of those holy grail type records that it seemed would never actually be released. Now it's actually happening! So, given all of this excitement, is the single actually worth it? I think the answer's yes and no. I wish it was a little more Tragic Kingdom and less Rock Steady, and that it was more of a big, brash comeback statement kind of track. But, like some of their best songs, I think it's a bit of a grower. I listened to it this morning and wasn't really all that impressed. Then I listened to it a few more times in preparation for this post and I'm already liking it much better. More than the single, though, I need the album. I can't think of any other album I'm anticipating more this year.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy their music here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home