Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Sam & The Womp - Bom Bom


"I'm the cat with the bass and drum"

Some songs just make you happy. I'm well aware that this isn't for everyone. Some will surely find it annoying, but from the very first few seconds, I was completely entertained. Bom Bom is a delirious mix of Balkan influences, ska, modern dance and ridiculously animated lyrics. To be completely honest, the band's name was what first drew me to the track. It sounds like some weird kid's show. Upon listening to it, I was happy that this is no kid's song (though I imagine it would appeal to them). Instead, it's the kind of bizarre novelty track that pops up occasionally in Europe but never seems to make it across to the States. Anybody who knows me well knows that I love a little weirdness. I may be sick of it in a few weeks, but for now I can't stop listening.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the song here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home