Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Urban Cone - Kings and Queens


"Let's talk about your biggest dreams"

Sweden specializes in a certain type of music--a hybrid of electronica, indie and dance with a hint of that Scandinavian accent. Bands like The Tough Alliance or Lo-Fi-Funk come to mind immediately when I think about this. I think I can now add the strangely named Urban Cone to that list as well. I know very little about the band, but the moment I heard this track, with its persistent, bright synth and Sound-Of-Arrows-esque vocals, I knew that I was listening to something both familiar and special in its own right. I love the atmospheric production and the anthemic, yet restrained, hook.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Learn more about them here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home