Your Ad Here

Monday, September 24, 2012

One Direction - Live While We're Young


"I know we only met, but let's pretend it's love"

Well, it's here. A few days early, but it's here all the same. Those who have been following the blog for awhile know what a huge fan I am of all things X-Factor UK (and AU, to be honest), so naturally that means that I've been following One Direction's career since they were on the show. In fact, I believe I totally called that they were going to be the biggest band in the world way back when they were on the live shows in 2010. I love being right, for once! Anyways, the new single Live While We're Young is basically What Makes You Beautiful: The Sequel, except now we're past the courtship stage and... you know... getting it on. While the track's not as good as WMYB, despite following the exact same template, it's still a wonderful slice of uber-catchy power pop. Some have criticized the group for sticking with the same sound, but I like that they're carving out a niche for themselves and that it just happens to be this cheesy, Swedish-produced pop, rather than the ubiquitous r&b/dance hybrid that's everywhere nowadays.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home