Your Ad Here

Monday, January 07, 2013

Ace Wilder - Do It


"Let's set the night ablaze"

I was going to write about a different song today until I discovered this one over on the always wonderful scandipop. I've lamented a few times about how Sweden dropped the ball for me in 2012. They used to be my most reliable purveyors of excellent pop. And while there were definitely some incredible Swedish-borne tracks last year, this year has already started out more exciting. Between Darin and Maja Ivarsson's excellent Så Mycket Bättre material and now this track, my ipod's overflowing with newish Scandinavian stuff. Based on Do It, Ace Wilder is a popstar with a lot of potential. The song has quite rightly been compared to Icona Pop's fantastic I Love It, but it's almost like that track seen through the prism of a poppier artist like Linda Sundblad or Elin Lanto. As usual with Swedish pop, the melody is up front and center, and it's definitely a hooky, anthemic one. I am salivating to see what she's going to do next.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Keep up with Ace on facebook here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home