Your Ad Here

Friday, March 15, 2013

Kongos - I'm Only Joking


"I don't believe a thing I said"

This song is over a year old, but I'm going to feature it today anyway. I really try to discover what's going on with music around the entire world, but there are some regions (Europe, Korea, Australia) that I naturally gravitate towards more strongly. I am, however, always on the lookout for good, new African music. I love the natural rhythms and textures found in a lot of the music in Africa, but I struggle to find songs that I like enough to feature on the blog. So, I get really excited when something like this comes along. South Africa seems to have a thriving, if somewhat little known, music scene. Among its many bands is Kongos, who released this amazingly catchy track at the end of 2011. The song's hypnotic drums were the first thing to strike me, but then I was lured into the quirky, playful chorus. It's like a mysterious circus sideshow wrapped into a song.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home