Your Ad Here

Monday, March 04, 2013

Ulrik Munther - Tell The World I'm Here


"All the world is waiting just for me"

Prepare for some general effusiveness, because I'm obsessed with this song. It's broken past the confines of Melodifestivalen for me and has become one of my favorite tracks of the year in a very short time. My relationship with the track went sorta like this:
1. High expectations - since I've liked Munther's work in the past and it was being touted as a possible MF winner
2. Slight disappointment - weirdly, when I heard the track for the first time, I questioned if it was too cheesy or if the melody was too simple. I'd set my expectations sky high -- a dangerous thing to do.
3. Coming to my senses - then I remembered that the best pop songs are simple, and I honed in on the majestic production and the fantastic vocals (particularly in the studio version).
4. Listening. Over and over. - Like, several times a day, which is rare for me. This is the kind of song I like. Big and anthemic and singalong. It's no coincidence that Munther entered to the Ark's Calleth You, Cometh I before debuting it, as the two songs share a similar sound. Nothing can be nearly as good as CYCI, but again... this is my kind of music.
Now, during the past week, it's become clear that Munther has lost his frontrunner status in MF. I would be thrilled if the international jury can bump him through, as I believe this is genuinely the best song in MF 2013. It's uplifting, it's positive, and it's performed by a guy who would represent Sweden well and already has an international fan base. But in the end it doesn't really matter, because his album is out in two days and this song is gonna stick around.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home