Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Capital Cities - Safe And Sound


"I could lift you up"

This song is killing it right now in Germany. At the time of this writing, it's number one on the singles chart. I mention this only because it surprises me, particularly since the song's been around for years (it must be part of some advertisement or something). I've known about it for quite some time myself, but looking at the itunes chart caused me to re-investigate. And really, it's a song worth a second look. The band seems to think so, too, as they've released a new music video and reignited conversation and buzz around their music. The song itself kind of reminds me of a more accessible Empire of the Sun. It's got that airy, organic dance sound that's perfect for a lazy Summer afternoon. We're not quite to Summer yet, but at least it brings to mind warm weather and long nights.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the song here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home