Your Ad Here

Friday, May 31, 2013

Exo -Wolf


Korea's Exo were one of the groups that really got me interested in K-Pop. There are boy and girls bands by the dozen in the genre, but I found that Exo-K's debut EP was really to my taste musically. I still find History and Mama to be stunning pieces of pop music. The main drawback of K-Pop, at least as I see it, is that it doesn't tend to be all that consistent. So many groups sound the same, which means it's more about the songs they're given by the producers/songwriters than it is about their individual talent. Obviously, that's not true with everyone (G-Dragon and PSY are two unique characters I can think of right off the bat), but I'm finding it to be the general rule. For Exo's comeback, they released the bizarre Wolf as their first single. It's a weird, WEIRD rap/dubstep hybrid with howls and everything. I really like the melodic parts (though they're few and far between) and the production is suitably dramatic, but I can't tell if this is going to grow on me or if it's just too cheesy to register. Only time will tell. It's certainly no Mama or History or even What Is Love. But the group has enough goodwill left over that I'm willing to give them a chance.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home