Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Limousines - Love Is A Dog From Hell


"We can do anything we want to"

Though I've been familiar with the Limousines in the past (and even posted about them three years ago), for some reason I never really gave them the full attention they deserve. Then I heard this song, and I started wondering why they'd fallen off my radar for so long. This is the first single from their new, upcoming kickstarter-funded album, and it's sonic bliss. Sometimes you a track just hooks you the first time you hear it. The dreamy, synth-drenched production, the anthemic (yet not overpowering) melody and the character-laden vocals combine to produce something quite epic. It reminds me of Swedens The Sound Of Arrows, who released my favorite album of 2011. This song is also a little reminiscent of MGMT before they got all weird (think Time To Pretend, but remixed to fit in a John Hughes movie). Brilliant. I can't wait for the album.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home