Your Ad Here

Monday, September 23, 2013

Natalia Kills - Trouble


"We don't need to be forgiven"

I'm back! I've spent the last few weeks cavorting around London, Stockholm and Copenhagen (and seeing Billy Elliot the Musical for the 6th and 7th times haha), so I feel like most of the stuff I'll be writing about for the next week or so will be the songs that soundtracked my adventures. This inevitably means that they won't necessarily be hot-off-the-presses new, but I still need to put my word on them. Kicking these off is the terrific Television by Natalia Kills. I'm extremely impressed by all of Natalia's new album. It's ten times better (and more consistent) than her debut. But none of the tracks matches the ferocious awesomeness of this opening song. I loved it from the get-go. It's melodically amazing (that near-acapella bit at the end? dear lord) and lyrically biting. It does a great job of framing the concept around the entire album, which appears to be a (semi?) autobiographical chronicle of a gritty, misspent youth and adolescence. Natalia used to be a poor man's Lady Gaga. No longer. This is brilliant.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home