Your Ad Here

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Will.i.am - Feelin' Myself (ft. Miley Cyrus, French Montana, Wiz Khalifa & DJ Mustard)


"I came from the bottom, the sewer side"

This isn't new, but I've been playing it a lot this past month and I honestly can't understand why it's not absolutely smashing the charts right now. This track reminds me of when hip hop used to be fun. I'm thinking 90's era Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliott, or even that brilliant "Da Dip" track by Freak Nasty (anyone remember that?) It's just a super corny, feelgood track. Miley Cyrus certainly helps its awesomeness, even if she's verging on overexposed. Her southern drawl works wonders when put up against the more traditional verses by the song's gaggle of rappers. Even Will.i.am isn't totally obnoxious. And if nothing else, you've gotta appreciate that addictive beat, perched somewhere between Robyn's Cobrastyle and Adam Tensta's My Cool.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home