Your Ad Here

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Plastic - I Want U


"Only you can bring me back to life"

What a wonderful, weird little piece of retro pop music. To be honest, it's the cover of this single that first caught my eye. The bright neon colors and pop-arty band name instantly piqued my curiosity. It turns out the track sounds pretty much exactly how I'd expected (and hoped). Fans of Norwegian pop princess Annie will LOVE this. It's also got some of the dry funk of Danish bands like Studio Killers and Oh No Ono, not to mention that the central riff here pretty much apes that of the Ting Ting's Shut Up And Let Me Go. And then there's that saxophone, which really brings it all over the edge. The band's Polish (a first for alienhits) and has been around for more than a decade. They've got some other tracks on their website, and there are also quite a few songs on itunes credited with their name, but I don't think it's the same band.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy their music here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home