Your Ad Here

Monday, February 24, 2014

Ruth Lorenzo - Dancing In The Rain


"Keep on 'til the light of day"

I'm in a bit of a Melodifestivalen haze right now, and I'm sure I'll post more about it this week because now that the official album is out, I'm realizing that this was actually quite a strong year as far as the songs go. BUT, today I feel compelled to post a Eurovision entry from another country. Longtime readers will probably remember Ruth Lorenzo, who was my favorite contestant in the great 2008 season of UK X-Factor. I've been keeping my fingers crossed for her ever since, but I'm ashamed to admit that I somehow hadn't heard her EPIC 2013 single The Night. It's absolutely amazing, and bodes well for her debut album out at the end of this week (apparently... I'll believe it when I see it). Dancing In The Rain is her newest single, and just won the right to represent Spain in this year's Eurovision. Now, I can't pretend to predict how the contest will go this year, as there are many factors at play, but as of now my money would be on this song to win the entire thing. It's a massive, dramatic ballad with an even bigger vocal performance and given the right push, I could see it launching Ruth throughout Europe. I mean, how could you not like this? It's so gratifying to see Ruth finding the success she so deserves. I hope the album is just as good.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home